Serves: 6-8 balls
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbs whole nut peanut butter
- 2 tbs mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbs honey (add more if you like)
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until ingredients are combined and sticky.
2. Using your hands, roll mixture (about 1-2 tbs) into a 1-inch ball, If it gets too sticky, dip your fingers in lukewarm water to help smooth the balls out.
3. (Optional) I put my energy balls in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to make the chocolate chips a bit more gooey. This step is totally optional (depending on your preference).
4. Refrigerate for around 1-2 hours, allowing the oats enough time to soften. (I prefer to leave it overnight)
Note: You can store in fridge for up to one week or in the freezer.