This is definitely my most favourite energy balls! It tastes so good and satisfying. Perfect for afternoon or energy-boosting snack.
Serves: 8-10 balls
Minutes: 10 – 15
1 ripe banana
1 cup rolled oats
2 – 3 tbs raw cacao powder
2 tbs whole nut peanut butter
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp chia seed
1 tbs honey or maple syrup
- Place rolled oats in the food processor (or blender) and pulse until it roughly turns into powder. Set aside.
- Mash up the ripe banana in a large mixing bowl.
- In the mixing bowl, add the oats, cacao powder, peanut butter, coconut oil, and chia seed. Mix them together by hands. Then, add about 1 tbs of honey or maple syrup. You can taste to see if you like it to be sweeter or more chocolatey, and then you can add cacao powder or honey accordingly.
- Using your hands, roll mixture (about 1-2 tbs) into a 1-inch ball, If it gets too sticky, dip your fingers in lukewarm water to help smooth the balls out. If the mixture is too mushy and difficult to roll, just put it in the fridge for a couple of minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least around 1-2 hours. (I prefer to leave it overnight)
- You can store in fridge for up to one week or in the freezer.